Thursday, May 19, 2016

What I think I do.....


The reason I chose the pictures I did was to point out the different perceptions that different people. Society feels that Respiratory Therapist only give breathing treatments. I have been asked a million times if I ever got tired of only given breathing treatments. Not all doctors think that we do nothing but sleep. We do have those doctors who don't think we know what we are doing, My kids act like I do nothing but hang out with my friends and have fun while I'm at work. They don't realize what I do. Some patients feel like they are our only patients in the hospital and that we sit around and wait for them to need their treatment. I feel that we all have the power to use our skills to help our patients breath better. The last slide is what we actually do as a Respiratory Therapist. It is a very rewarding profession.

4 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. My kids have come to have lunch with me at work and I've been lucky enough that my phone has gone off so I had to leave them during it. They think I have nothing better to do than sit and play on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Julie
    I think initially most people think because I am a girl and work in the hospital I must be a nurse. The follow up to that is always, “Oh, so you give those breathing treatments.” I then try to explain what I actually do. I do think other staff feel as though if we are not seen on the floor with their patient that we must be tucked away somewhere asleep. My kid also thinks I have a great time at work and it is much more fun than his school. The last picture about what you actually do is a great picture that really encompasses all a respiratory therapist does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I made this assignment harder than it was trying to find the right pictures. I wish you could see the one about the patient better. The patient updates his facebook status that he is short of breath and we come running. I'm sure you guys have come across patients who think that they are our only patients and that we have nothing else to do but sit and wait for them to need at treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, I made this assignment harder than it was trying to find the right pictures. I wish you could see the one about the patient better. The patient updates his facebook status that he is short of breath and we come running. I'm sure you guys have come across patients who think that they are our only patients and that we have nothing else to do but sit and wait for them to need at treatment.

    ReplyDelete